WASHINGTON – Today, Rep. Mark Green announced his support for three pro-life pieces of legislation introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives.
They are as follows:
- The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
- The bill prohibits performing an abortion on an unborn baby who is 20 weeks gestational age or older (i.e. the period in which an unborn baby begins feeling pain)
- Defund Planned Parenthood Act, H.R. 369
- The bill prohibits federal funding to the largest abortion provider in the country for one year, reallocating the savings to community health centers. There are 267 alternative health care centers for women in Tennessee.
- H.R. 296 that would amend title X of the Public Health Service Act
- Prohibits family planning grants from being awarded to any entity that performs abortions
After becoming a co-sponsor of these three pro-life bills, Rep. Green said: “As a doctor and a soldier, I am trained to save lives and protect the innocent. That’s why I will do whatever is in my power to save lives -- including the unborn.”
On Friday, January 18th, pro-life Americans from across the country will commemorate Roe v. Wade’s 46th anniversary. The actual anniversary is January 22nd.